What is the plant buying collective?
The plant buying collective is an extension of our land conservation work at “A Promise to Gaia“. We secure lower prices for our members by placing larger orders with growers. Proceeds from sales support land conservation.
Who can Join?
Anyone who’s interested in purchasing native plants at a discount. We’re currently accepting up to 200 members. You can join by creating an account here: Register. If the registration page is closed, please make sure to join our waitlist, and we’ll let you know when we open registration to more members.
What plants are available?
We’re focused on NEMPH Plant, Trees & Shrubs – Native Edible Medicinal Pollinator Host. Our first order was for spring ephemerals and some other rare goodies.
- Black Cohosh (Actaea racemosa)
- Creeping Jacob’s Ladder (Polemonium reptans)
- Downy Woodmint (Blephilia ciliata)
- Dutchman’s Breeches (Dicentra cucullaria)
- Eastern Prickly Pear Cactus (Opuntia humifusa)
- False Solomon’s Seal (Maianthemum racemosum)
- Great White Trillium (Trillium grandiflorum)
- Indian Pink (Spigelia marilandica)
- Jack-in-the-Pulpit (Arisaema triphyllum)
- Slender Mountain Mint (Pycnanthemum tenuifolium)
- Solomon’s Seal (Polygonatum biflorum)
- Toadshade Trillium (Trillium cuneatum)
- Trailing Arbutus (Epigaea repens)
- Trout Lily (Erythronium americanum)
- Turk’s Cap Lily (Lilium superbum)
- Virginia Bluebell (Mertensia virginica)
- Wild Geranium (Geranium maculatum)
- Yellow Trillium (Trillium luteum)
Our next sale will be this winter for Seeds, and until October 31, 2023 we’re taking input on what seeds to make available. Create an account and fill out the survey so we can decide what to source.
How does it work?
For each purchase cycle everyone who participates will fill out a survey, letting us know what they’re interested in and/or what they can commit to. We’ll tally up all the surveys, source the plants, seeds etc. Then you can finish placing your order through the Plant Buying Collective’s online store, available only to members. If you need to make small changes to any commitments, that will usually be OK as long as you contact us and let us know.
- SURVEY – Tell us what you want to see available through the Plant Buying Collective, and/or Commit to what you want to buy.
- BULK ORDER – We will total up everyone’s survey, and source plants, etc.
- INDIVIDUAL ORDER – Return to the plant buying collective site and complete your order through our online store.
- SHIP/PICK-UP – If you want to save shipping costs, you can pick-up in person at our nursery, or you can have your plants etc shipped to you.